Do you travel a lot for work? Would you like to learn while you are on your way to work?
Then English via Skype, WhatsApp or on the telephone is perfect for you if you have limited time. Or if there is no course near where you live.
Are you unsure about whether this is the right for you? Or would you prefer to have one-to-one lesson? Contact me and let me show you that you can learn just as easily online.
You probably asking yourself how a Skype lesson works, right?! Here’s how it goes:
- First of all, I prepare a Powerpoint presentation specially for you.
- Additionally, we use online resources, websites, online newspapers. Furthermore, I also scan resources that could help you.
- The materials we use are linked in the Powerpoint.
- After every lesson, I will send the presentation, so you can follow our progress.
- Finally, if you have specific wishes, we can concentrate on speaking, grammar or reading practice. Vocabulary is also included.
I advise that you should have a notebook, word document or something similar close at hand, so you can make notes during the lesson and write vocabulary down.
Telephone / WhatsApp Sessions
If you choose telephone or WhatsApp sessions, we concentrate on your speaking skills.
There are different ways to do this lesson:
- We can talk about different topics that are happening at the moment.
- Or I will send you a text or exercises before the lesson, which you go through and we discuss together.
For over a year, I have been offering classes via Skype or on the telephone. It seems like my students can’t get enough of it! I met for example a really musician, who is preparing for English interviews. Furthermore, I have been helping a really nice engineer with his Business English for his job in an international department.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need?
Only a good internet connection or telephone line. That’s really it!
If we have lessons via Skype or WhatsApp, then it might be a good idea to get a camera as well. Therefore, we can see each other and it makes the learning experience more enjoyable.
- How long are the lessons?
The shortest lesson I offer is 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it doesn’t make sense to do shorter lessons. I am flexible and therefore I can make time for you and your wishes.
- Are the lessons flexible?
Because I have to plan my week, we should agree to have regular times. These could be, for example, every 2 weeks oder more times a week. If I receive a cancellation from someone else and I know you would like extra lessons, then I will contact you as soon as possible.
- What happens if I have to cancel my lesson on short notice?
You will receive a contract before the course starts. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance without a further fee. After this, I charge 50%.